We are therefore very pleased to announce the appointment of Tom (Dobbo) Dobson as our new Crew Leader. Tom joined the Rescue Boat in 2008 and has trained and worked hard to win the unanimous support of the crew in this promotion. Tom is a qualified RYA instructor and has enormous skills not just in boat handling and safety but also in all aspects of the maintenance of the service. Tom has also served on the committee since 2009.
As part of the ongoing evolution of RBRB, Tom will be supported by a new operational structure and we are also very pleased to announce the following operational promotions to support Tom in his new role:
• Boat and Boathouse Officer, Dave Walker supported by Lewis Clarke and Phil Metcalfe
• Quality Assurance Officer, Mike Sewell
• Training Officer, Simon Blackburn
• Recruitment and PR Officer, Robbie Stewart
• Duties Officer, Neil Suckling
• Communications Officer, Tom Bottomley