The Runswick Bay Rescue Boat is a registered charity, number 1014544. RBRB survives entirely on your donations, the fundraising efforts of the local community and occasional grants which the charity committee applies for whenever these grants become available.
Although the crew and committee all give their time voluntarily, RBRB has substantial running costs amounting to between £10,000 and £15,000 annually to ensure that this vital service remains operational. In addition to the day to day running costs, such as fuel and maintenance, the actual level expenditure in any one year depends on the need to replace capital items such as dry suits, helmets and life jackets, or replacing the hull or engine which we generally do every 5 years.
We are therefore entirely dependent on your support, and we greatly appreciate every penny we receive.
There are a number of ways you could help us, by:
- Making a donation by debit or credit card using the “Donate Online” button on the right
- Donating by cheque or cash – please contact us for an appropriate address as the Lifeboathouse is a working environment and is somewhat exposed to the elements
- Organising or attending fundraising events – there are a number of annual events that our committee, crew and supporters work very hard to make successful, such as the Beef Supper, the Cottage Trail or the Annual New Year Ball. Please do contact us if you have any ideas or wish to help with or attend any of these events
- Running, swimming, cycling, climbing, shaving your head … or doing anything worthy of sponsorship – RBRB is a listed charity on Justgiving.com to make gathering sponsorship easier than ever.
- Buying some of the RBRB merchandise or one of our great value annual tide tables (available in most local retail outlets)
- Or becoming a Friend of RBRB (lifetime and annual subscriptions are available).
Most importantly, thank you for all the help you have given to RBRB. It is enormously appreciated.